Heat transfer and Fluid Mechanics II
At the end of this module, the student will have understood and be able to explain (main concepts) :
- the concept of heat transfer and the 3 possible types of transfer,
- what is an energy balance on a control volume,
- the mechanisms involved during conduction, convection and radiation, as well as
the main associated equations.
- the notion of static pressure and dynamic pressure
- equilibrium in a static or dynamic fluid
The student will be able to:
- calculate heat transfer involved in simple cases of conduction, convection and
- understand scientific literature for more complex heat transfer problems
- determine the forces applied by a static or dynamic fluid.
Form of assessment
The evaluation of outcome prior learning is made as a continuous training during the semester. According ot the teaching, the assessment will be different: as a written exam, an oral exam, a record, a written report, peers review...