Logic design and computer organisation
At the end of this module, the student will have understood and be able to explain (main concepts) :
· combinational logic
· sequential logic (synchronous), state machines
· information coding
· Von Neumann model
· ALU, memory, input-output, CPU
· instructions sets
The student will be able to :
· design a sequential system with flip-flops (synchronous)
· understand the operating principles of a computer
· understand an instructions set
1st year Algorithms and programming.
Form of assessment
The evaluation of outcome prior learning is made as a continuous training during the semester. According ot the teaching, the assessment will be different: as a written exam, an oral exam, a record, a written report, peers review...