Molecular biology and gene regulation
At the end of this module, the student will have understood and be able to explain (main concepts):
- Properties of Nucleic acids, genome organization and DNA replication
- Gene transcription and messenger RNA translation leading from DNA to proteins
- RNA processing and modifications
- Protein folding, modifications, interactions, secretion and turnover
-The main pathways of gene expression regulation
The student will be able to:
- Define and describe the main molecular elements enabling genome organization
and gene expression.
- Explain and analyse data concerning gene expression regulation in prokaryotic and
The aim of this unit is to provide the molecular biology and gene regulation knowledge
that is essential for the mastery of biotechnology tools.
- Basics in biochemistry and microbiology
Form of assessment
The evaluation of outcome prior learning is made as a continuous training during the semester. According ot the teaching, the assessment will be different: as a written exam, an oral exam, a record, a written report, peers review...