Transport phenomena and reaction in fluids
At the end of this module, the student will have understood and be able to explain (main concepts):
- The concept of balance and the different scales of application
- The basics of continuum mechanics
- The concept of chemical reaction rate
- The concept of ideal reactors, their types and main characteristics
The student will be able to:
- Define a system and its contours, and calculate inlet, outlet and transformation fluxes
- Write local and macroscopic balances of mass, energy and momentum
- Solve analytically simple problems of Newtonian fluid mechanics
- Determine the rate law of a reaction, to assess dependence on temperature
Write and solve the macroscopic matter balances in the mono-phase isothermal ideal
Unit « Thermodynamics - fundamentals and applications » of the INSA first year curriculum or equivalent.
Form of assessment
The evaluation of outcome prior learning is made as a continuous training during the semester. According ot the teaching, the assessment will be different: as a written exam, an oral exam, a record, a written report, peers review...